Monday, September 29, 2008

Phone Home, Senator McCain. Phone Home.


Taegan Goddard pulled together a couple of quotes from the McCain side that reveal a totally undisciplined approach to influencing the debate on the Wall Street bailout:

"I suspended my campaign and came back to Washington because I thought that it was vital to do so. Sen. Obama said he was available to discuss the issue by phone. I didn't want to phone it in. I'm proud that we were able to get this done, and I'll give the credit to everybody else."

  • Sen. John McCain, in an interview with the Columbus Dispatch on why he needed to be back in Washington, D.C. to work on the bank rescue package.


"He (McCain) can effectively do what he needs to do by phone. He's calling members on both sides, talking to people in the administration, helping out as he can."

  • McCain aide Mark Salter, quoted by CBS News explaining why his boss could work on the rescue package over the weekend from his campaign office and wasn't needed on Capitol Hill.

The McCain Campaign is without a rudder or tiller or sail or compass….and certainly, without an anchor.

No comments: