Thursday, October 2, 2008

“Does Any of This Really Matter?”

Here is Sarah Palin in a gubernatorial debate against opponent Andrew Halcro:

PALIN: "Andrew, I watch you at these debates with no notes, no papers and yet when asked questions you spout off facts, figures and policies and I'm amazed. But then I look out into the audience and I ask myself, 'Does any of this really matter'?"

Why do I get an uneasy feeling in my stomach when I read this? Because George Bush got elected President of the United States, not once but twice, by being just one of the guys with no better command of “facts, figures and Policies” than Sarah Palin.

I think we will all need a couple of drinks BEFORE the debate starts tonight. In fact, my wife insists on it if for no other reason than to protect the TV.

Addendum:

Here's a partial transcript of Gov. Sarah Palin's latest interview with Katie Couric that aired on The Early Show:

COURIC:
I know you're heading to Sedona to work on your debate. What is your coach advising you?

Gov. PALIN:
I don't have a debate coach.

COURIC:
Well, what are your coaches?

Gov. PALIN:
I have quite a few people who are giving us information about the record of Obama and Biden, and at the end of the day, though, it is -- it's so clear, again, what those choices are. Either new ideas, new energy and reform of Washington, DC, or more of the same.

God save America.

No comments: