Thursday, May 15, 2008

What Did You Give Up For the War?


Of all the insensitive and outrageous statements to fall from the lips of our 43rd President, these are undoubtedly the worst: "I don't want some mom whose son may have recently died to see the commander in chief playing golf," he said. "I feel I owe it to the families to be in solidarity as best as I can with them. And I think playing golf during a war just sends the wrong signal." He made these remarks in response to a question from Mike Allen of Politico. His response was not a joke, not offered tongue in cheek. No, his tongue was clearly stuck elsewhere.

Is there no way to get him off the stage? I enthusiastically offer my time and services to collect from private sources whatever remains to be paid him in salary by the taxpayers through January 20, 2009 (and throw in the cost of a one-way Greyhound ticket to Crawford). It is time for this long national nightmare to be over.

No comments: